Re: [patch 00/69] -stable review

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 08:06:47 EST

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 15:07 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2007, Romano Giannetti wrote:
> >

> It's not known, no, and yeah, that's scary (and 60 seconds is long enough
> that most people would have grown bored and pushed the power button for
> five seconds, having considered the resume a failure).
>
> > [ 1.617972] pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia1.0
> > [ 61.612517] PM: Writing back config space on device 0000:00:[...]

I discovered that SysRq-t works during the pause. So I pressed it more
or less halfway the pause; the full result is here:
http://www.dea.icai.upcomillas.es/romano/linux/info/dmesg-resume.txt

It seems that most of the tasks are in

[<c0138931>] refrigerator+0x41/0x60

So, I tried to suspend without any card in the pcmcia slot. Guess what?
I extracted the card and the system did not suspend. Just stopped dead.

Sigh.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti --- romano.giannetti@xxxxxxxxx
Sorry for the following disclaimer, it's attached by our otugoing server

--
La presente comunicaciÃn tiene carÃcter confidencial y es para el exclusivo uso del destinatario indicado en la misma. Si Ud. no es el destinatario indicado, le informamos que cualquier forma de distribuciÃn, reproducciÃn o uso de esta comunicaciÃn y/o de la informaciÃn contenida en la misma estÃn estrictamente prohibidos por la ley. Si Ud. ha recibido esta comunicaciÃn por error, por favor, notifÃquelo inmediatamente al remitente contestando a este mensaje y proceda a continuaciÃn a destruirlo. Gracias por su colaboraciÃn.

This communication contains confidential information. It is for the exclusive use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message. Thank you for your cooperation.