RE: [patch] removes MAX_ARG_PAGES

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 14:48:38 EST

> I just tried this on an Altix from the test lab, and ia32 bash just
> started.

I don't have any native x86 binaries on my Madison-based testbox, so my
test case was to compile a simple program that counted total length of
argument strings on an x86 box, and copy it to my ia64 box. So that I
wouldn't have to copy over a bunch of libraries too, I compiled it
with -static. This is the test case that "hung" my system (re-running
it today from /dev/tty1 instead of from an xterm, I see that it actually
oopsed in rb_next()). I wasn't even running with a long arglist. Just
"*" for my home directory (19 files/directories = ~170 bytes).

-Tony

My test program. Compile on ia32 box with "cc -static -o args args.c"

---- begin args.c ----
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
int n;