Re: software suspend doesn't work with 2.6.22-rc3

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 07:14:40 EST

Hi.

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 21:08 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 07:53:53PM +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> >
> > Herbert, is this right? If cryptd is going to be used for block devs,
> > the task should probably be PF_NOFREEZE (or whatever it is today)
> > instead.
>
> Probably. However, I don't think this is responsible for the reported
> problem because the code to use cryptd in dm-crypt hasn't been merged
> yet :)

You have the cryptd Kconfig option in (at least in rc3) - presumably
Maximillian has been too keen and turned it on before you were ready :)
It does make sense for it to be the problem. Without PF_NOFREEZE set,
the refrigerator code will try to get it to enter the freezer, and
without the try_to_freeze(), it will just loop and freezing will fail.

Regards,

Nigel