Re: [AppArmor 01/41] Pass struct vfsmount to the inode_create LSM hook

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 08:10:44 EST

On Friday 25 May 2007 21:06, Casey Schaufler wrote:
> --- Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well, my point was exactly that App Armor doesn't (as far as I know) do
> > anything to enforce the argv[0] convention,
>
> Sounds like an opportunity for improvement then.

Jeez, what argv[0] convention are you both talking about? argv[0] is not
guaranteed to have any association with the name of the executable. Feel free
to have any discussion about argv[0] you want, but *please* keep it away from
AppArmor, which really has nothing to do with it.

It would be nice if you could stop calling argv[0] checks ``name-based access
control'': from the point of view of the kernel no access control is
involved, and even application-level argv[0] based access control makes no
sense whatsoever.

Thanks,
Andreas