Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v14

From: S.ÃaÄlar Onur
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 10:59:10 EST

Hi Ingo;

23 May 2007 Ãar tarihinde, Ingo Molnar ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> As usual, any sort of feedback, bugreport, fix and suggestion is more
> than welcome!

I have another kaffeine [0.8.4]/xine-lib [1.1.6] problem with CFS for you :)

Under load (compiling any Qt app. or kernel with -j1 or -j2) audio always goes
sync with time (and i'm sure it never skips) but video starts slowdown and
loses its sync with audio (like for the 10th sec. of a movie, audio is at
10th sec. also, but the shown video is from 7th sec.).

After some time video suddenly wants to sync with audio and starts to play
really fast (like fast-forward) and syncs with audio. But it will lose its
audio/video sync after a while and loop continues like that.

I also reproduced that behaviour with CFS-13, i'm not sure its reproducible
with mainline cause for a long time i only use CFS (but i'm pretty sure that
problem not exists or not hit me with CFS-1 to CFS-11). And its only
reproducible with some load and mplayer plays same video without losing its
audio/video sync with same load.

Cheers
--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!