Re: IDE/ATA: Intel i865-based mainboard, CDROM not detected

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 12:24:00 EST

Jonathan Woithe wrote:
A collegue of mine has an Intel mainboard with the i865 chipset onboard
(DQ965). All kernels up to and including 2.6.22-rc2 do not detect the IDE
CDROM/DVDROM when booting. The SATA hard drive is found without any
problems.

Let me belatedly ask if the device shows up in POST at cold boot. It may need some BIOS setting to be visible.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>