RTC_DRV_CMOS can break userspace interface

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 15:04:18 EST

f5f72b46c349fefcfd4421b2213c6ffb324c5e56 appears to break the userspace
interface to the CMOS alarm. This could previously be accessed via
/proc/acpi/alarm, but if RTC_DRV_CMOS is enabled that vanishes. The help
text for the module doesn't mention this, which makes tracking it down a
touch irritating.

I'm not actually sure why this is the case. It doesn't look like the two
interfaces are fundamentally incompatible. I agree that removing the
proc code is a good long-term aim, but it'd be nice to be able to test
the new RTC code without removing existing functionality.

(It doesn't really help that rtc-cmos doesn't load on this machine, but
I'll try to track that down later - right now I suspect some sort of PNP
issue)
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx