Re: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 6

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 11:44:46 EST

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:36:44PM +0530, Nitin Gupta wrote:
> So, before this change, it will be good if it gets merged in mainline
> and tested, at least for correctness, on all supported achs. All the
> while, we will have a good feeling that there is still a good scope
> for perf improvement :)

The correct order is:
- create one version with all the optimizations you have in mind
- then ensure that it works correctly on all architectures and
document why your version is that much faster than the original
version and why you know your optimizations have no side effects
- then get it tested in -mm

After these steps, you can start considering getting it into mainline.

> Cheers,
> Nitin

cu
Adrian