Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v12

From: Peter Williams
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 22:18:37 EST

Siddha, Suresh B wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:54:29PM -0700, Peter Williams wrote:
I tried with various refresh rates of top too.. Do you see the issue
at runlevel 3 too?
I haven't tried that.

Do your spinners ever relinquish the CPU voluntarily?

Nope. Simple and plain while(1); 's

I can try 32-bit kernel to check.

Don't bother. I just checked 2.6.22-rc3 and the problem is not present which means something between rc2 and rc3 has fixed the problem. I hate it when problems (appear to) fix themselves as it usually means they're just hiding.

I didn't see any patches between rc2 and rc3 that were likely to have fixed this (but doesn't mean there wasn't one). I'm wondering whether I should do a git bisect to see if I can find where it got fixed?

Could you see if you can reproduce it on 2.6.22-rc2?

Thanks
Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx