Re: Syslets, Threadlets, generic AIO support, v6

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 03:26:50 EST

* Zach Brown <zach.brown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Having async request and response rings would be quite useful, and
> > most closely match what is going on under the hood in the kernel and
> > hardware.
>
> Yeah, but I have lots of competing thoughts about this.

note that async request and response rings are implemented already in
essence: that's how FIO uses syslets. The linked list of syslet atoms is
the 'request ring' (it's just that 'ring' is not a hard-enforced data
structure - you can use other request formats too), and the completion
ring is the 'response ring'.

Ingo