Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

From: Renato Golin
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 05:14:42 EST

On 30/05/07, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
well I have changed the overall HID code design in 2.6.21 a little bit.
Anyway, just hardcoding '#define DEBUG' and '#define DEBUG_DATA' (that's
also important) in 2.6.20-and-older kernels should have similar result as
CONFIG_HID_DEBUG in post-2.6.21.

In your particular case, the DEBUG_DATA might really be more interesting.

Yup, did both on all drivers/hid/*.c and drivers/usb/input/hid*.c
recompiled and reloaded all modules (hid.ko, usbhid.ko and joydev.ko)

But it's pathetic the fact that ubuntu's kernel have an option
USB_DEBUG and on Makefile is says "if USB_DEBUG; aditional_opt=
-DDEBUG" but inside the files all DEBUG flags are hardcoded undefined.

Also, to turn on KERN_DEBUG messages I saw on kernel hacking webpages:

$ echo 15 15 15 15 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
$ echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

I did it and monitored mesasges and syslog and both shows the same
data... I guess that dump after mouse detection is DEBUG_DATA in
place.

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at