Re: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 6

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 10:24:58 EST

On 5/30/07, Johannes Stezenbach <js@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, May 30, 2007, Nitin Gupta wrote:

> Again, all the original code has been retained _as-is_. Whatever was
> changed, has been mentioned in that detailed changelog that I post
> along with patch.

Just a general remark (I haven't been following this thread closely):

IMHO it would be _much_ better to merge the original code and
your changes as seperate patches. Then someone who
wants to review it later doesn't have to jump through all
the hoops of finding the original code himself to diff it
and see your changes.

Additionally, you should also split stylistic/cleanup
changes like "Reformatted the code to match general kernel style"
from functional changes like "use cpu_to_le16()".

Ideally each of the changes you mention in your
"Changelog vs. original LZO" should be a seperate
patch, this would make review much easier.

I violently agree with this method of going forward.