RE: kexec and aacraid broken

From: Salyzyn, Mark
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 16:46:13 EST

Ahhhh. explains why I am having troubles duping this issue thus far.

This is prerelease Firmware on a yet to be released card and thus should
not get any driver workarounds if this issue can be resolved in
Firmware. If this can be duped on a released card with released
Firmware, then the story changes of course; but still does not preclude
a Firmware/Hardware/Drive Compatibility bug ;-} . Until then, please
work this issue via SUN channels so that we get all the necessary card
debug information for our teams to work this.

I will ensure Adaptec will remain on top of this issue since it is
clearly a problem with the Adapter Hardware interfacing. The adapter is
not surviving an IOP_RESET and is going into an Adapter Firmware Kernel
Panic or taking an excessively long period (in the testing thus far >
540 seconds) of time to complete it's reset.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn

Yinghai Lu [mailto:yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx] sez: