Re: Kernel utf-8 handling

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 12:41:35 EST

I wrote:

The switch is possible. You could try the latest development LFS LiveCD (http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/test/lfslivecd-x86-6.3-pre2-r1897.iso) and see if it works for you (be sure to CC: me if you post any feedback).

I was wrong. The problem is that input works, output works, but copying-and-pasting with gpm doesn't work (the stable version of the CD, http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/x86/lfslivecd-x86-6.2-5.iso, contains a rejected-upstream kernel patch that hides the issue). This means that for all serious Unicode work, you must use X.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov