Re: [patch 1/1] document Acked-by:

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 13:35:54 EST

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:27:25 -0400
Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

> Do Linus/Andrew/major maintainers want Tested-By:'s for patches?

I think it's very useful information to have. For a start, it tells
you who has the hardware and knows how to build a kernel. So if you're
making a change to a driver and want it tested, you can troll the file's
changelog looking for people who might be able to help.

A similar argument would apply to Reported-by:, which we possibly also
need. But it's all perhaps a bit much for poor kernel developers to
keep track of ;)