Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v14

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 15:21:58 EST

* Li Yu <raise.sail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, I have want to know what's real meaning of
>
> add_wait_runtime(rq, curr, delta_mine - delta_exec);
>
> in update_curr(), IMHO, it should be
>
> add_wait_runtime(rq, curr, delta_mine - delta_fair);
>
> Is this just another heuristics? or my opinion is wrong again? :-)

well, ->wait_runtime is in real time units. If a task executes
delta_exec time on the CPU, we deduct "-delta_exec" 1:1. But during that
time the task also got entitled to a bit more CPU time, that is
+delta_mine. The calculation above expresses this. I'm not sure what
sense '-delta_fair' would make - "delta_fair" is the amount of time a
nice-0 task would be entitled to - but this task might not be a nice-0
task. Furthermore, even for a nice-0 task why deduct -delta_fair - it
spent delta_exec on the CPU.

Ingo