Re: Case: 7454422: Re: Kernel 2.6.21.3 does not work with 8GB of RAMon Intel 965WH motherboards. (FULL DMESG)

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 16:57:34 EST

Justin Piszcz wrote:
I think that mem=8832M would work as well, to make the kernel use only the memory that is marked cacheable. (It looks like this parameter takes the highest memory address we want the kernel to use, not the highest memory amount.)

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is 8832MB a typo? 8GB of memory is ~8192MB right? Did you mean 8132MB or? Intel wants me to flash my bios and reset everything to the defaults to see if it is still an issue, I'd prefer to try the mem= option first.

I think 8832 should be right.. As far as I can tell, the number is the highest memory address, not the amount of memory, and there are some holes in the 3-4GB region.