Re: HPT374 IDE problem with 2.6.21.* kernels

From: Geller Sandor
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 18:41:20 EST

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

The log of a typical IDE reset is available here:

http://petra.hos.u-szeged.hu/~wildy/syslog.gz

This was the worst case: the IDE bus was resetted during the system boot.

Could you try setting HPT374_ALLOW_ATA133_6 to 0 in drivers/ide/pci/hpt366.c and rebuild/reboot the kernel?

Hi Sergei,

This looks promising. Using a vanilla 2.6.22-rc3 I was able to reproduce the problem within a few seconds. With the above modification the machine is running under heavy disk I/O without problems since 30 minutes...

Regards,

Geller Sandor <wildy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>