Re: [patch 1/1] document Acked-by:

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 15:35:29 EST

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:04:29 +0530, debian developer said:
> On 6/2/07, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It's quite common for experienced kernel developers to ack completely broken
> > patches.
>
> common!!
>
> is'nt that a bit too ...

Lots of code looks totally reasonable to a kernel coder, except it doesn't
actually work when run, or doesn't actually build for a common architecture.
Let's face it - if I hit a bug on my Dell Latitude in a -mm kernel, our
current depth of testers means that I'm probably the only person who's
likely to test the fix before it goes uptream to Linus as a "probably works".