Re: Kernel 2.6.22-rc3 safe to migrate to?

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 20:26:13 EST

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
XFS currently has a data-corrupting bug, where files which were appended
by small amounts may lose their updates on umount - I see this
corrupting hg repos. There's a patch which works for me, and is in
2.6.22-rc3-mm1, but it hasn't been merged upstream yet.

Just for the record, you mean this one:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/12/93 ..right? (haven't been bitten by this one...yet)

Ah that's it- and USB appears to be broken as well, I'll stick with 2.6.21.3 for now.

Got any pointers? I'm using USB right now, one is i386 with 2.6.22-rc3, another one is powerpc, tracking -git and USB seems to work.

C.
--
BOFH excuse #15:

temporary routing anomaly