Re: LogFS take four

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 18:19:03 EST

On Sunday 03 June 2007, JÃrn Engel wrote:

> Unchanged:
> o error handling

> Won't happen (unless I get convinced to do otherwise):
> o Change LOGFS_BUG() and LOGFS_BUG_ON() to inline functions
> These are macros for very much the same reasons BUG() and BUG_ON() are.

I wonder how many of your LOGFS_BUG{,_ON} still remain after the
error handling is in place to deal with broken file system contents.
Ideally, I'd say the current LOGFS_BUG() should be replaced with
a function that prints about the kind of error it has hit (rate-limited),
potentially calls logfs_crash_dump(), and remounts the medium read-only,
but _not_ call BUG().

Arnd <><