Re: gmail is a bit too popular..

From: Matti Aarnio
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 08:10:43 EST

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:55:32AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 08:43 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > BTW (not related to gmail):
> > Are there any news regarding the buggy 451 handling in zmailer I'm
> > reporting again and again that regularly results in every single
> > linux-kernel message sent to me being delayed by up to 13 hours?
>
> Er, you're giving it a 451 response to _every_ message? Why?

His secondary MX server:

220 mailrelay1.lrz-muenchen.de (IntraStore TurboSendmail) ESMTP Service ready

yields at times "451-responses". (It suffers from occasional resource starvations
and only way to get out of it is to temporarily give those replies.)

Indeed there was queue timer bug at VGER in case remote replied with
TEMPFAILs sufficiently many times, the whole destination queue to it
got kicked back way too much.

> --
> dwmw2

/Matti Aarnio