Re: 2.6.22-rc[23]: blinking capslock led, stuck keys?

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 09:44:21 EST

On Monday 04 June 2007 15:12, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> Are you sure that it's this dummy blink driver that makes the kernel
> stuck? I can't see how it could be causing any hogs - see commit f038f9.
>
> Anyway, added Andi to CC.

Hmm, in theory it could be triggering bugs in some buggy keyboard
controller. But then a

while true ; do setleds +caps +numlock ; sleep 1 ; setleds -caps -numlock ;
sleep 1 ; done

should trigger it too.

Anyways; it is normally only intended for special
case kdump or other debugging kernels which tend to not get
much interaction; you shouldn't really set it anywhere else.

I've been also considering to make it always dependent on
a command line option, but that is not done yet.

-Andi