Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

From: Renato Golin
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 18:46:39 EST

On 04/06/07, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
sorry, don't fully understand - what do you mean by "got the messages but
not the fix"?

The range "detected" was 0 to 255 but both X and Y axis are reporting 4096.

I think that the code in drivers/hid/hid-input.c:
if ((device->quirks & HID_QUIRK_BADPAD) && (usage->code == ABS_X ||
usage->code == ABS_Y)) {
a = field->logical_minimum = 0;
b = field->logical_maximum = 255;
}

should get what's being reported from the device instead of hard-code
to 0 to 255 (which might not even be an unsigned range).

Well calibration using jscal might be needed, that should be fine. The
question is whether the ranges are now correct and calibration using jscal
works fine.

Ok, so maybe in that case my automatic calibration is still worth to
put on joydev.c
and users from all joysticks in the quirk list would benefit.

So please let me know whether the badpad quirk is the correct one for this
joystick. If so, I'll queue it in my tree for upstream.

Well, it did the trick if that's what you mean but would be better to
get the correct range from start... But I don't know how difficult it
is, so maybe we'll have to stick with the automatic calibration
afterwards...

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at