Re: [RFC 0/4] CONFIG_STABLE to switch off development checks

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 20:39:55 EST

Dave Kleikamp wrote:
I'm on Christoph's side here. I don't think it makes sense for any code
to ask to allocate zero bytes of memory and expect valid memory to be
returned.

Would a compromise be to return a pointer to some known invalid region?
This way the kmalloc(0) call would appear successful to the caller, but
any access to the memory would result in an exception.

I would think returning 1 as the address would work here, it's not NULL but any access to that page should still oops..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx