Re: serio interface

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 07:26:19 EST

On Wed, 2007-06-06 12:52:13 +0200, Lars K.W. Gohlke <lkwg82@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw schrieb:
>
> > You didn't actually answer any of my questions.

> sorry.
>
> I want to use the interface aka /dev/ttyS0.
> I want to process data inside of a kernel module to provide it /proc
> (done) or as own char-dev (done).
>
> but I can not grab the data.
>
> It is part of my project in my studies.
>
> It is more a conceptual work, but important. I want to release a howto,
> when I complete.

You still answer unasked questions. Please answer inline:

* Why do you wanto to do the serial stuff in kernel land?

* Isn't it easier to do it in userspace?

* What specific device do you work on?

* New: Is it a wise idea to do it in kernel land?

The /proc filesystem has been somewhat obsoleted in favour of sysfs
for device/driver information.

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx +49-172-7608481
Signature of: ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,