Re: CPU off-on-off: lost CPU management?

From: Peter Oruba
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 07:50:45 EST

--nextPart1306315.A96JqI0v2z

I'm sorry, I am not able to reproduce this issue (using 2.6.21.3). Everythi=
ng=20
works fine on my Turion laptop. It looks like there is also CPU hotplug=20
involved in that issue, since brining cpu1 back on doesn't update siblings=
=20
and cpu_cores in /proc/cpuinfo as well. Can you specify more details about=
=20
the system you are using? Have you tried enabling CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG and=
=20
booting with "cpufreq.debug=3D7"?

Peter Oruba

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007 11:56:44 schrieb Mircea Bardac:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 12:52:59 Mircea Bardac wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > This time with Kernel 2.6.21.3.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > # echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
> >
> > # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> > processor : 0
> > vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
> > cpu family : 15
> > model : 72
> > model name : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
> > stepping : 2
> > cpu MHz : 800.000
> > cache size : 512 KB
> > physical id : 0
> > siblings : 1
> > core id : 0
> > cpu cores : 1
> > fdiv_bug : no
> > hlt_bug : no
> > f00f_bug : no
> > coma_bug : no
> > fpu : yes
> > fpu_exception : yes
> > cpuid level : 1
> > wp : yes
> > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
> > fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extap=
ic
> > cr8legacy ts fid vid ttp tm stc
> > bogomips : 1597.67
> > clflush size : 64
> >
> > processor : 1
> > vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
> > cpu family : 15
> > model : 72
> > model name : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
> > stepping : 2
> > cpu MHz : 798.015
> > fdiv_bug : no
> > hlt_bug : no
> > f00f_bug : no
> > coma_bug : no
> > fpu : yes
> > fpu_exception : yes
> > cpuid level : 1
> > wp : yes
> > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
> > fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extap=
ic
> > cr8legacy ts fid vid ttp tm stc
> > bogomips : 1596.26
> > clflush size : 64
>
> As a follow-up:
>
> As Stefan noticed initially, the CPU frequency of the 2nd CPU is different
> after the CPU is brought back online.
>
> Mircea

=2D-=20
AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
Operating System Research Center
Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896
General Partner authorized to represent:
AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)
General Manager of AMD Saxony LLC: Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy