Re: CPU off-on-off: lost CPU management?

From: Stefan Prechtel
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 18:58:46 EST

Hi!
This issue is solved with 2.6.22-rc for me. The second core is up with
the same speed as core 1 (Bogomips are the same, too).

- Stefan Prechtel

2007/6/6, Peter Oruba <peter.oruba@xxxxxxx>:
I'm sorry, I am not able to reproduce this issue (using 2.6.21.3). Everything
works fine on my Turion laptop. It looks like there is also CPU hotplug
involved in that issue, since brining cpu1 back on doesn't update siblings
and cpu_cores in /proc/cpuinfo as well. Can you specify more details about
the system you are using? Have you tried enabling CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG and
booting with "cpufreq.debug=7"?

Peter Oruba