Re: [RFC] [Patch 4/4] lock contention tracking slimmed down

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 03:27:46 EST

* Martin Peschke <mp3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Admittedly this gives you the top five contention points, [...]

if the infrastructure your are advocating does not allow us to keep the
existing output then it's simply not flexible enough. Why on earth are
you even arguing about this? A "cleanup" should not change the output,
simple as that. Do a patch that has the _same_ output and then we can
see whether it's a good patch. You made the same mistake with your
/proc/timer_stats cleanups. I dont like NACK-ing patches but you seem to
be missing the basic precondition of cleanups: no functional effect to
the code, and certainly no change in output.

Ingo