Re: 2.6.22-rc3 hibernate(?) fails totally - regression (xfs on raid6)

From: David Greaves
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 10:00:37 EST

Duane Griffin wrote:
On 07/06/07, David Greaves <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How hard does the machine freeze? Can you use sysrq? If so, please
> dump sysrq-t.
I suspect there is a problem writing to the consoles...

I recompiled (rc4+patch) with sysrq support, suspended, resumed and tried
sysrq-t but got no output.

I *can* change VTs and see the various login prompts, bitmap messages and the
console messages. Caps/Num lock lights work.

Fearing incompetence I tried sysrq-s sysrq-u sysrq-b and got a reboot so sysrq
is OK.

Try sysrq-9 before the sysrq-t. Probably the messages are not being
printed to console with your default output level.

Good idea :)
Didn't work :(

Cheers

David