Re: A kexec approach to hibernation

From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 13:29:15 EST

Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@xxxxxxx> writes:

[snip]

> If I were helping you coding I'd suggest to only concentrate on having
> your project work on standard filesystems, and then when it works maybe
> think about suspending on crypto-over-loop-over-fuse-over-vpn-over-wifi.
> But talk is cheap so I'm shutting up. Right now. :)

Well, the whole idea of the kexec approach is that the hibernate system
doesn't need to know anything at all about filesystems or any particular
device. So if it works at all, it will work for
crypto-over-loop-over-fuse-over-vpn-over-wifi
-over-pigeon-carrier-protocol-over-printer-and-scanner.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard