From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 11:56:28 EST

On 6/14/07, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 14, 2007, Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 21:59, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
>> gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients
>> all the rights that you have.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> So if I am a sole author of a program and I chose to distribute it under
> GPL

then you're not a licensee, you're a licensor, and these terms don't
apply to you.

Heh. When you change a GPLed program and pass your changes you are the
licensor for the new code. You still have a right and license pieces
of the code you wrote under different license but you do not pass that
right to recepient of modified work.

--
Dmitry