From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 15:29:19 EST

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 07:48:03PM +0200, Rene Herman wrote:
> On 06/14/2007 06:01 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> >It's totally pointless to try to "force" people to be good. That's like
> >"curing" gay people. Not going to happen.
>
> Tangent, but that could in fact quite easily be construed as saying that
> gay people aren't good which I hope is not the point you are making :-/

I certainly read that as 'trying to force people to be good is just as
crazy as trying to force people to not be gay'. Some people are good,
and some aren't (no idea why), and similarly some people are gay and
some aren't (again, no idea why). Neither can be changed by declaring
that it must be changed.

I always love Linus' analogies. :)

--
Len Sorensen