Re: [patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 14:05:44 EST

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Any particular reason why this is done as a separate block device driver
> > > rather than as SCSI?
> >
> > Because no new fake SCSI drivers are accepted anymore.
>
> Where did drivers/ata come from ;)

I was told that one got in just before the moratorium on fake SCSI.

> How about making it a fake ata driver if James is being fussy 8)

I don't think Christoph likes fake ATA drivers neither ;-)

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village  Da Vincilaan 7-D1  B-1935 Zaventem  Belgium

Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail: Geert.Uytterhoeven@xxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7  B-1840 Londerzeel  Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 Â RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem  Swift GEBABEBB08A  IBAN BE39001382358619