From: Daniel Hazelton
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 18:00:52 EST

On Friday 15 June 2007 17:24:24 Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2007, Daniel Hazelton <dhazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> PS: Note that Stallmans motivation was *SOURCE* *CODE* *ACCESS* -
> >> nothing
> >
> > else.
>
> Not, it was to be able to modify the behavior of the printer, and he
> needed the source code in order to do that. Even for a tivoized
> printer, this would be enough, understanding that the signature is a
> functional portion and thus the corresponding sources must be
> included.

You totally ignored all the evidence to the contrary, and have made use of
clever, circular logic. He needed access to the code to make a modification
he'd made for other printers. But that doesn't change the facts. Its about
source code access. It has *NEVER* been about being able to run program X on
platform Y. It has been about the ability to change Program X to do task Y.
If the distinction between "run" and "modify to perform a task" isn't clear
to you, then I have no hope of you ever understanding my statement or the
truth of it.

DRH

--
Dialup is like pissing through a pipette. Slow and excruciatingly painful.