Re: Versioning file system

From: alan
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 19:07:05 EST

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

alan wrote:

ZFS is the cool new thing in that space. Too bad the license makes it
hard to incorporate it into the kernel. (I am one of those people that
believe that Linux should support EVERY file system, no matter how old
or obscure.)

I have details on the Luxor UFD-DOS filesystem, if you'd care to
implement it.

Do you have example discs that can be mounted to test it? If you do, I will consider doing it.

I have a couple of older DOS filesystems that got dropped out years ago that I actually need to mount disks that i may rewrite for 2.6.x.

Now all i need is the time.

And speaking of obscure information...

I have a bunch of PCMCIA spec documents from the PCMCIA standards association from the late 90s. Would anyone involved in maintaining the PCMCIA code be interested in it? (Especially if they are in Portland.) It has been a while since I have even needed to look at it and I hate for it to go to waste if it can be of any use. (Bit late now, I know...)

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct