FW : airo suspend problem

From: castet . matthieu
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 05:15:52 EST

Sujet : airo suspend problem
À : linux-pm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

the airo driver (drivers/net/wireless/airo.c) does in its suspend routine [1].
But not all the pci cards support power management and cause
pci_enable_wake/pci_set_power_state to return errors.

On pci card that don't support PM, what should be done ?
Don't call pci_enable_wake/pci_set_power_state ?

Thanks

Matthieu

PS : after the failed suspend to ram due to airo driver, I tried to unload airo
driver and it hanged. After a reset, I got my ext3 root fs corrupted :(

[1]
pci_enable_wake(pdev, pci_choose_state(pdev, state), 1);
pci_save_state(pdev);
return pci_set_power_state(pdev, pci_choose_state(pdev, state));