Re: [patch 0/3] no MAX_ARG_PAGES -v2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 15:07:52 EST

* Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > This patch-set aims at removing the current limit on argv+env space
> > aka. MAX_ARG_PAGES.
>
> Thanks a lot for solving this properly. I have been upping current
> limits to some insane ammounts to work around this.

seconded! I have tried the patchset and it works great for me. This
limitation of Linux has bothered me almost since i started using Linux
more than a decade ago (i remember having run into it when running a
script on an overly large directory), and it's perhaps the oldest still
existing userspace-visible limitations of Linux. It was also a really
hard nut to crack. Kudos Peter! I really cant wait to see this in 2.6.23
:-)

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>

Ingo