Re: [RFC/PATCH] Documentation of kernel messages

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 09:16:19 EST

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 14:55 +0200, holzheu wrote:
> Hi Gerrit,
>
> The common thing of your and our approach is, that we need an ID to
> identify a message either by:

Maybe I am missing something big, but why is an ID needed?
The message IS the ID right? That's the only thing that is robust
against code moving about....

(And yes I am aware that very occasionally there might be a duplicate
message that REALLY is different, but I suspect that that is so
incredibly rare that it's just simpler to reword one of the two in such
case)