Re: [AGPGART] intel_agp: use table for device probe

From: Carlo Wood
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 15:59:00 EST

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:37:26AM +0800, Wang Zhenyu wrote:
> Carlo, I've just built latest kernel git tree on a Dell 965G box and
> have a NV card plugged-in. It boots fine.

It would be nice if you could test it with the exact same
hardware ... I am pretty sure it should be reproducable then *cough*

> Linux agpgart interface v0.102 (c) Dave Jones
> agpgart: Detected an Intel 965G Chipset.
> agpgart: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0x0
>
> I don't know why it hangs your machine when loading this module, it should
> just not bother anything. But from your last "modprobe: ..." line, it seems
> there's really badness somewhere, do you have serial console to see more
> in the message?

The reason I react a bit late to your post is because in the meantime
I set up a serial console and figured out how to boot that way... and
captured the boot messages.

I will add that to one of the other posts, because as a result of
what they posted there I added agp=off - and that (indeed) makes it
possible for me to boot. Please see my next post thus.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@xxxxxxxxxx>