Re: GIT Packages for Debian Etch

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 17:56:22 EST

Hello,

> It seems that this is only for etch (and sarge). I run a mixed
> Lenny/sid machine here. It doesn't necessarily work when I start to
> install things for etch. Certainly not once testing upgrades its libc.
> Or?

true. But when you run sid you get a newer version of git automatically.
Sooner or later. And you can always build it yourself. It's a pain in
the ass until you have all build dependencies installed and all the
tests pass. Most of them you can get by typing:

apt-get build-dep git-core

But after that it is very straight forward.

Thomas