Re: [patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 01:44:19 EST

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 01:39:23PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Add a Disk Storage Driver for the PS3:
> - Implemented as a block device driver with a dynamic major
> - Disk names (and partitions) are of the format ps3d%c(%u)
> - Uses software scatter-gather with a 64 KiB bounce buffer as the hypervisor
> doesn't support scatter-gather

Looks good to me. Only nitpicks are:

- ps3disk_priv should probably be an inline function instead of a macro
- ps3disk_open is not needed at all and should be removed completely.
- please remove PS3DISK_MAJOR - and just pass 0 to register_blkdev.
Passing 0 to get an unassigned dev_t range is the normal convention
and giving it a suprising symbolic names makes reading the code a
little harder.
- put_disk in ps3disk_remove should be done after you finished tearing
down the device, not before
- calling free_irq directly followed by request_irq in ps3disk_probe
looks rather dumb. I'd rather move the request_irq out of
ps3stor_setup into the low-level driver.