Re: linux-2.6.22-rc5-g7c8545e build #298 failed b/c of Section mismatch: reference to .init.text:amd_init_mtrr

From: Tom Spink
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 17:06:42 EST

On 20/06/07, Tom Spink <tspink@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/06/07, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the build with the attached .config failed, make ends with:
<snippedy-doo-dah>

Hi,

The build seems to fail because of:
ERROR: "ROOT_DEV" [drivers/mtd/maps/nettel.ko] undefined!

After taking a quick look at the code, I can't immediately see why
this would be, since there is an include for linux/root_dev.h at the
top, there.

There's only one occurrence of ROOT_DEV (line 425), and after a quick
look at the git history, it seems the include was originally missing,
but was put back in, in commit
6cc449c7d0292cb9b993f0df84fd3225e3099492.

--
Regards,
Tom Spink

Hi,

After further inspection, I *think* it's because nettel is being built
as a module, and it's trying to reference ROOT_DEV, which is not
exported.

--
Regards,
Tom Spink