Re: Adding subroot information to /proc/mounts, or obtaining thatthrough other means

From: Chuck Lever
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 19:03:17 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Chuck Lever wrote:
The advantage is that it doesn't have strong user space dependencies on
its format like /proc/mounts does.

If you have NFS mount points, you will see that it includes a great deal
of additional information about each mount.

OK, I see now:
device raidtest:/export mounted on /net/raidtest/export with fstype nfs
statvers=1.0
opts:
rw,vers=3,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,acregmin=3,acregmax=60,acdirmin=30,acdirmax=60,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys
age: 5
caps: caps=0x9,wtmult=4096,dtsize=4096,bsize=0,namelen=255
sec: flavor=1,pseudoflavor=1
events: 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
bytes: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
RPC iostats version: 1.0 p/v: 100003/3 (nfs)
xprt: tcp 686 0 2 0 5 8 8 0 8 0
per-op statistics
NULL: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
GETATTR: 2 2 0 264 224 1 0 1
SETATTR: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
LOOKUP: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
ACCESS: 1 1 0 116 120 0 0 0
READLINK: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
READ: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
WRITE: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
CREATE: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MKDIR: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SYMLINK: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MKNOD: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
REMOVE: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
RMDIR: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
RENAME: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
LINK: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
READDIR: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
READDIRPLUS: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FSSTAT: 1 1 0 132 84 0 1 1
FSINFO: 1 1 0 132 80 0 0 0
PATHCONF: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
COMMIT: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

This format is just awful for parsing. It's pretty clearly totally
ad-hoc. It's not even self-consistent (it uses different separators,
etc, in the same file!) It's reasonably compact for human consumption,
but it doesn't show what the arrays mean.

Heck, XML would have been better than this mess...

Sigh. So where where you when I asked for review time and again?

I have a couple of simple Python scripts that can parse this without any difficulty.

I resent your tone. Quite a bit. begin:vcard
fn:Chuck Lever
n:Lever;Chuck
org:Oracle Corporation;Corporate Architecture: Linux Projects Group
adr:;;1015 Granger Avenue;Ann Arbor;MI;48104;USA
title:Principal Member of Staff
tel;work:+1 248 614 5091
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://oss.oracle.com/~cel/