Re: PROBLEM: menuconfig

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 09:50:09 EST

Marcin Szczurowski wrote:
> I've just configured new kernel:
>
> 2.6.21.1 + patch-2.6.21.5
>
> In menuconfig:
> Networking -> Networking options -> IP: Virtual server configuration
> I've choosen help and got help to menuconfig...
> Hard to call it a bug, but I don't know what Virtual server
> configuration stands for ;]

The menu "IP: Virtual Server Configuration" doesn't have a help text for
itself. But the very first menu item in it (on which all other items
happen to depend on) has the following help text:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/ipv4/ipvs/Kconfig?v=2.6.21#007

In Linux 2.6.22, the menu + the first menu item were fused into a
hybrid, a so-called menuconfig. (Bad choice of term, but it wasn't
mine. It's something different from the make menuconfig program.)
This fused menu+config item has exactly the same help text.
--
Stefan Richter