Re: How to improve the quality of the kernel?

From: Oleg Verych
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 11:13:08 EST

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 04:19:34PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > just reading through it and cleaning up some code isn't so difficult
> > and can be done by many people -
>
> Doing cleanups is a good way to get into the matter, to become able to
> eventually fix bugs of the difficult type.
>
> > if they're allowed/wanted to do so.
>
> Everybody is allowed to submit. But there is a certain degree of both
> persistence and adaptability required to get one's first submissions
> upstream. However, these qualities are also required to fix difficult bugs.

Deja-kernel.

Just two messages:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/116453>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/116463>

Tell me, i'm wrong, if similar thing cannot be implemented here.
Again, key word is _tracking_ system...

Just trying attract attention, that time of ignorance and manual work
must be ended. There must be new time, time of *tracking*, *counting*
opinions and any kernel work anybody want to contribute. I just got bored
after repeatings like, not funny work, code, etc. The manager, who will
do that not funny work is automated tracking system. Based on e-mail,
with additional tools, like

* ``reportbug''-- reporting (imroved REPORTING-BUGS,
EVERY-WORK-IS-APPRECIATED-THANK-YOU)

* ``bts''-- command line interface, etc.

I want to change it, and i will try to work on that. Important thing is
-- to be in the corner *alone*, even with good, open source example system
as Debian BTS is not gonna work.

WRT this, opinions and doings of people in this thread, who spend in
Linux development much more time, than i, just counter productive (fine,
fine but i have a right to have different, wrong opinion on that :).

--
Frenzy
-o--=O`C