(Last oops is Tainted: P) Re: 2.6.22-rc5: pdflush oops under heavy disk load

From: Oleg Verych
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 05:44:49 EST

* From: Andrew Morton
* Newsgroups: linux.kernel
* Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:23:18 -0700

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:14:40 +0100 "Jay L. T. Cornwall" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm beginning to suspect the Attansic L1 Gigabit Etherner driver (marked
>> as EXPERIMENTAL in 2.6.22-rc5). I can't reproduce these panics on
>> disk-to-disk copies or SCP across the localhost interface. However, SCP
>> from a server onto either of two different HDDs hits these oopses fairly
>> quickly.
>
> That sounds like a good theory: you're getting easily-hit oopses in one of
> the kernel's most-used codepaths which hasn't chanbged much in a long
> time. So Something Odd Has Happened.

Maybe this time it's just "Tainted: P"?

|-*- <467D0EB0.9030100@xxxxxxxxxxx> -*-
i2c_algo_bit dib3000mc nvidia(P) dibx000_common snd_timer tveeprom atl1
compat_ioctl32 i2c_core videodev mii psmouse snd_seq_device v4l1_compat
video_buf v4l2_common btcx_risc pcspkr shpchp snd soundcore
snd_page_alloc intel_agp pci_hotplug serio_raw tsdev evdev sr_mod cdrom
ext3 jbd mbcache sg sd_mod pata_jmicron usbhid hid ata_generic ata_piix
ahci libata scsi_mod generic ehci_hcd uhci_hcd usbcore thermal
processor fan
[ 628.139866] Pid: 201, comm: kswapd0 Tainted: P
|-*-

And oops have no ext3, like prev. one.

[ as you know we have no automatic noise tracking system, and ]
[ developers were not so productive in last discussion of it ]

Jay, check your oops against "Tainted: P" flag, which is not supported
here, and not drop persons, who assisted you from the CC list.
____