Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v18

From: Antonino Ingargiola
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 06:03:05 EST

2007/6/23, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:

* Antonino Ingargiola <tritemio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2007/6/23, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:
> >
> >i'm pleased to announce release -v18 of the CFS scheduler patchset.
>
> I'm running -v18 on 2.6.22-rc5, no problems so far. How can I change a
> task to SCHED_IDLE or SCHED_BATCH priority under CFS?

pick up schedtool, and these are the choices it gives:

-N for SCHED_NORMAL
-F -p PRIO for SCHED_FIFO only as root
-R -p PRIO for SCHED_RR only as root
-B for SCHED_BATCH
-I -p PRIO for SCHED_ISO
-D for SCHED_IDLEPRIO

then for example to start up something as SCHED_IDLE:

schedtool -D -e ./somecommand.sh

Thank you very much! I was thinking that schedtool was suitable only
for -ck. I've installed schedtool and it works fine.

Anyway, I've discovered with great pleasure that CFS has also the
SCHED_ISO priority. I may have missed something, but I don't remember
to have read this in any of the CFS release notes :). For me this is a
really useful feature. Thanks.

Regards,

~ Antonio

Ingo