Re: [patch 1/3] add the fsblock layer

From: Neil Brown
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 19:01:52 EST

On Sunday June 24, npiggin@xxxxxxx wrote:

> +#define PG_blocks 20 /* Page has block mappings */
> +

I've only had a very quick look, but this line looks *very* wrong.
You should be using PG_private.

There should never be any confusion about whether ->private has
buffers or blocks attached as the only routines that ever look in
->private are address_space operations (or should be. I think 'NULL'
is sometimes special cased, as in try_to_release_page. It would be
good to do some preliminary work and tidy all that up).

Why do you think you need PG_blocks?

NeilBrown