Re: SATA Harddisk speed drop of 100 MB/s

From: Carlo Wood
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 12:04:19 EST

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:18:41AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> How do you know 165MB/s is correct?

It is the maximum value I measure. It's also the value that I
measure consistently with NCQ off, like with 2.6.18. Finally,
even before I bought this PC, I did some research and the RAID
with Raptors was recommended by someone with a lot of experience
with them. He told me that I could count on (N - 1) * 75 MB/s
(on average) for an array with N disks. I had expected 150 MB/s,
which is about what I get. The 165 MB/s is on the outside
of the disk (low partition).

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@xxxxxxxxxx>